Another Camp Wanna Sew is over

Hard to believe that I have been to Camp Wanna Sew and back already, and I haven't even told you about it!   The drive in was just beautiful!
 I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the ladies (45 of them!!) and catching up with some of them from last camp.  Some ladies I see between camps, and others I only see them at camp.  It is wonderful to see what they have been doing since the last we all met.  Amazing what kind of work we all can do!  Of course it takes about 3 days for me to catch up on  my sleep when I get home, as I do take advantage of the sewing time I have there; sewing until the wee hours of the morning.


 Now the meals!  Oh my, oh my... not only can we all sew, but we can all cook too!   I really tried to behave...honest I did! 

Alas, I guess I will be giving the treadmill  an extra stroll or two for the next couple of weeks.  


What a combination sewing and quilting make!  I made candlemats for our supper on Saturday nite and gave them way as door prizes.  Made 3 large and 6 small ones.
  
 
Brooke on her 2nd birthday


Got this little doll quilt made for a little Doll of a grand-daughter, Brooke, using the X-block tool.  I was testing it using the "belly-button" ruler, and I had so much fun with this that I can hardly wait to try the larger rulers.  That will have to wait for awhile, as I have decided to start working with UFO projects....and that I know is going to get very, very scary!


Autumn Leaves (with Turkey Variation)

Operation Turkey
This one was an Eleanor Burns pattern and oh what fun this one was!  Again, I will use the rulers from this pattern to make a leaf quilt from scraps!  Yes, the almighty scrap pile will be used yet again LOL 
And, My Diane....Operation Turkey was a success!!

Lucky Charms by Pat Sloan
Now this is a Pat Sloan pattern I followed from her blog.  http://patsloan.typepad.com  
I only had to do the blanket stitching around the appliques and put the borders on so that I could be ready to quilt it, and I did...yeah for me!  This will hang in the entrance to our home.  Darn it all I have to go shopping for batting & backing to complete it!

Next time I will tell you about my BIG project that I worked on..... I'm still tired from working on that one!

Hugs all,
Choux



Comments

  1. You have many cute projects in the works !!! love the Turkeys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post!

Popular posts from this blog

Not Much Sewing

So, What's the Story behind this quilt?

Feeling Like Something New? Yes, Please!!