Hello 2011!



I heard tell that what you do New Year's day is what you will be doing for the new year!  Well guess what I was doing?   Yes, I was sewing and totally enjoying every minute of.  The tunes where cranked up and I was just having a great time in the "Down-under Sweat Shop".  I do hope that the saying is true about the new year as I do have a lot of sewing to do, but I'm going to have fun doing it!  Three of the grands were here visiting too, with Mommy, so that makes me happy knowing that more of that of the new year is in store too!

I cannot show you what I worked on New Year's day, as it is a quilting mystery I am designing for my Quilt Guild to start this month.  It will run 4 maybe 5 months - I'm still not sure yet.  Everything worked out well with the cutting of 2 of these pieces (oh oh....do you see something happening here??) and the testing of them went well too.  I have to get background fabric for one of them this coming week in order to finish the top, but all else went well with the sewing.  I do believe they are are going to look totally different from each other when the are done.


Hmm speaking of done ... did you make a New Year's resolution?  Oh, please, don't tell me it's the dreaded lose weight thing again?  Not me!  Although it would be very welcomed here, I didn't dare do that to myself again this year.  It hasn't happened yet and I'm not going to waste another year on it!  No, my resolution is more towards my making of projects, or rather the starting and not "finishing" of my projects!  I have decided that I will not create another UFO!  Well, now that I see it in type it may rank right up there with the losing weight thingy LOL.  No, really, I do not want to have to add to the UFO pile any more.  I want to enjoy making my projects but have decided that I cannot start another project UNLESS I keep working at it and finish it in a very timely manner - and I'm not talking 1 or 2 years!  As well, I want to have finished 50 UFO's by the end of June from when I started working on them in November ... that one will be tough as they are going to start getting bigger as I get more done therefore requiring more time to finish them... but I think I can do it!  I'm not sure if I am at 20 yet but I will be taking a tally very soon and line up the next few to finish.  So, those mystery projects - they will have to be finished in a timely manner now as I have started something new!!  


If you made a resolution, I would love to hear what it is!  Wishing you all  a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year in 2011!


Creatively yours,
Choux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Much Sewing

So, What's the Story behind this quilt?

Feeling Like Something New? Yes, Please!!