Middle of March?

How did we get to the middle of March already??  I know I must have missed some days, even weeks somewhere along the way!  Oh well.... guess I have to work with what time I have, right?

I speak of time as it is now 3 1/2 months to the end of June and yes that is my deadline to have finished 50 UFO's.  And will I make it??  "Time" will tell.  I was at 18 in December and have since did more, but I haven't added them to my list.  Guessing I will have to do that soon before I forget what they are...now wouldn't that be a bummer.  To miss one or two in the count and think I fall short of my goal if I did forget them!  Yikes!!  Something for this weekends "To-Do" list.  

With my quilt guild having a UFO challenge, I have been lucky to complete at least 4 each month - Yeaaaa me!  But this month I may not get them all done.  I got a nasty flu/cold on the 11th and it is hanging on tight.  But I'm still going to try!! 

Another project was to make a quilt top for my grand-daughter's school for a fund raiser.  And yes I did it!!  I was only doing a few blocks a day and then I decided it was time to get this really rolling and gone.  See, I needed 80 - 10 1/2" log cabin blocks before borders were added.   So on March 4th, I sat down at my sewing machine and didn't stop until 11pm that evening.  I had done 43 log cabin blocks that day and put the borders on, but I was done!  Yeahhhh!!  Let me know if you would like tickets on this quilt!  It will be off the long arm quilter in about a week.

Done?  Well yes for that project I am.  Notice I said "that project"?  And yes for every one project completed there is always another that moves into the top spot for my time.  Now I am designing another quilt for the Relay for Life to be held here in June.  This one I will be doing all the sewing & quilting so it is going to be a very tight schedule until this one is done.  Time for when I want this one done.... April 1st!!   Tickets are to be sold and it is hard to sell tickets on something you haven't seen, but it is going to be a very wonderful quilt, if I do say so myself.  Made from my scraps (I have loads of them!!) and only the center of the quilt is from material I had to purchase, I have been thinking of the representation of all the scrap strips and I finally thought of it as I was cutting 704 - 1 3/4" x 5 1/2" pieces.  So keep an eye out here - I will keep you updated on the progress on this one when I get feeling better.

Seeing time is of the essence, I will see if I can make it the sewing machine today for a moment or two.  You all take care of yourselves and others when you can. :-)


Choux

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post!

Popular posts from this blog

Not Much Sewing

So, What's the Story behind this quilt?

Feeling Like Something New? Yes, Please!!