Pinch me... am I dreaming???

The excitement of the last 4 1/2 months has been quite overwhelming to say the least!  New job, still working old job, taking on duties as president of the Quilt Guild I belong to and then being a participant in the McCall's Quilt Design Star contest!!  Who would have ever thought that I (me....ME!) would ever enter something like this and be in the second round of voting!  Certainly not I! 
My entry for the second round is called "Breaking Free".  It had to take a slight turn with the design when I got clarification on what the "surface" actually means.  Everything was cut to go "my" way of thinking before I got the clarification.  I had actually had 1/4 of the braid strip sewn!   To me surface was the "inside" of the piece - not including the borders.  I mean if you put a "quilt" on the bed the borders are not on the surface, right?  Uh-uh .... it includes the borders.  I was so distraught that I really considered dropping out as I had no idea how I was going to continue.  Luckily I have a brain that doesn't shut down!  By the time I went to bed I had something already forming.... will it work?   This was at the end of week one, a Sunday and of course the next day is work.
Well, come Monday's drive to work and the drive back home, I came up with "something" that might allow me to continue with the braid, so tired as I was I had to go down and cut parts from the braid to see what it would look like.  YES!  It will work... but how do I incorporate the butterflies.  You see, before the last challenge was even done, I issued a challenge to myself!  Should I make the next round, no matter what our criteria is, I was to make sure it had butterflies!!   Now isn't that nutz?   I mean the challenge is enough to drive one to drink (and I don't drink!!) when you have to design something with certain rules attached, and really I am "NOT" a designer, let alone add another challenge to the challenge.  Hmmmm maybe I should have called it "Double Challenged"??  LOL

Here is what I came up with:


Now if you really like it you can help me win this next round too!  Click the link here, to vote!
http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=28078&s=10220884&i=3

Did anyone pinch me yet, so I know I'm really not dreaming!!

Hugs all and happy sewing!!
Choux

Comments

  1. I voted. It is fantastic! You ARE a designer.
    What a whirlwind! You go Shirley, all the Sloanies are rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Beth! Been a real crazy and amazing 4 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo awesome Shirley! I'm sure the next round will be equally as stunning. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post!

Popular posts from this blog

Not Much Sewing

So, What's the Story behind this quilt?

Feeling Like Something New? Yes, Please!!