And off to Sewing Camp I went!!

What a week I had getting things ready and up to date before I left for Camp Wanna Sew - but I did it, although not without staying up past midnite for 3 nites! 

I left early Thursday morning (May 27th) with the car full of my sewing junk "treasures", and arrived there just after 10am.  Didn't take me too long to unpack and I was sewing by 11. 


Now my plan of attack for this 4 day sewing camp, was to finish up one of my biggest UFO's created to date - 2 quilts for my DD that she would use as drapes for her patio door.  I was to do no other sewing until these were completely finished!  Now these were a Christmas present for last year and I have been working on quilting them on my domestic machine for the past 4 months, so I wanted them finished. 

 "Myself" and "I" are always getting "Me" into trouble and when "I" talked "Myself" into starting this project the end of October, the blame was on "myself & I" for all the work that they created for "me" to do!  But as the pattern name says "Straight from the heart" that is where this project came from.

I said I would not go to bed until they were done-DONE, so I worked until early Friday morning (1:30am) to have them ready for grommeting.  Now at that time of the morning I was starting to see double and I don't even drink!!   They were where I could just sew the protective backing on them, flip and topstitch, so I called it a nite and got up at 6:20am and was back sewing (7:20am) after having breakfast.  

 By 10:30am Friday morning I handed them over to Bob to do the professional grommeting on them; that meant I was done - DONE!!  Woooo Hoooo!   Now I could sew what I wanted to. 

What a huge relief to have those babies done. 

By 2pm I was sewing what I wanted to sew.... ohhhh what a feeling! 

The drapes were dropped off at 4:30pm Sunday and were up that nite.... they were so excited to finally get them! 
Next time I'll show you some of  the projects I got done this weekend, till then ... keep your needles sharp!!

Hugs,
Choux


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, What's the Story behind this quilt?

Not Much Sewing

It's Past Two Weeks!!!