Feeling Like Something New? Yes, Please!!

It’s not like that I don’t have anything else that I can work on to bring it to its finished stage.  Couldn’t be further from the truth.  At one point, (maybe 6 or more years ago) I had well over 100 projects in various stages of completion.  I did cut that down by quite a bit but I still have many, many more to complete.  Although, many are at the "to-be-quilted" stage and I just haven’t got to "wanting" to do that part ... yet!  Soon I will bring myself to corral all of these UFO’s in one area and count them.  Kind of dreading that day! 😨


I have some projects right now that I have spent 12 or more hours on and they are not even close to looking like they are ready for completion.  There are times when the amount of time one spends on any given project really plays with your “mojo” see it to the finish, so you need to, no that’s not right, have to, still not right ... want to start something new!  That’s it!  I’m at the want stage!!!   Yes, I have two commission pieces to do, 4 samples to prepare, class notes to write, another to .... you get my drift?   They are not what I want to work on, even though they are next in line. 


Healing Waters by Northcott

So..... today, I’m taking a “me-day” and I will start the process of a One-Block Wonder using Healing Waters by Northcott.  I bought all four books this week and read each one, start to finish which is huge for me to read them all, as I learn by looking at the pictures first and read later if I have to!   I totally fell in love with this fabric collection and had to get a supply of it for my shelves!  Don't the colors just lift up your spirits and make you smile?   And of course having purple (my favourite color!) in it really completes the richness of the fabric.

Will check in next week at some point and let you know where my “mojo” took me.
Until then - keep warm!

Forever in stitches,
Choux


Comments

  1. Definitely want to see how this turns out! Then I just might find a fabric that I love and give a go at doing one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I count all my UFO's...and make my plans to finish them...........I always find new projects to do that I WANT to do more than the UFO's!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post!

Popular posts from this blog

So, What's the Story behind this quilt?

Not Much Sewing

It's Past Two Weeks!!!